Friday, January 2, 2009

The day I first started writing my story

















I’ve been really blessed to have a loud family. No one wonders if the Thompson Clan is in town when we get together, I mean people from the next town over swear they can hear a dull roar blowing over the trees when we start in. It’s not that we're shouting at each other (which we do) or that we’re hard of hearing (which we are) necessarily, we just love to laugh. The louder we laugh, the louder we shout and the harder the rafters of wherever we are start to shake. We've actually had other people leave restaurants because we were so noisy, which I would feel bad about if we weren't having such a good time.

We are a family that is full of joy and hot air, and boy, if that doesn't sum us up in a flash I don't know what would. We love to get together around a dinner table or in a living room somewhere and just tell stories.

Stories from our lives of times long ago.

Stories of what happened at school yesterday.

Stories of ways we've been blessed, or what God has been teaching us lately.

We share stories about pretty much anything and anyone, which is why I think I've got so many. I noticed a while ago that strange and interesting things happen in my life and the lives of those who are near me and I began to write them down. That is what this Blog is all about, documenting the crazy life I've been blessed with and sharing some of the awesome stories that I hope will get you and yours laughing as hard as the Thompsons when they get together.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered what all the racket was - I thought it was the noise you hear just before having a stroke. Love you son, DAD

    ReplyDelete